5.21.2011

Time for some R&R

My first year of teaching preschool from home is officially O-V-E-R!!! And I seriously can't believe it.

And now, it's time to relax...


A year ago, I was finishing my second year of post-college teaching at a charter school that had turned into a place that wasn't really a good fit for me. I was 8 months pregnant with my first baby. And I was desperate for a way to stay home with him once he came!

I created my preschool blog (laveenpreschool.blogspot.com) one night after work and posted an ad on Craigslist just to see what kind of a response I would get. It was madness. There aren't a ton of options in Laveen for preschools and the fact that I have a degree in education got people really excited. I started scheduling appointments for people to come over about a month out and used that time to really get my classroom ready. It looked wonderful and I was so proud of myself when that first family came over and enrolled right on the spot! It was truly an answer to prayer.

By the first day of class, I had two class sessions full with the exception of one spot in each one (which was filled by the second month of school). I'll be honest, the first week was kind of rough, but once I found my groove with the kids it was smooth sailing. Bennett was about 8 weeks old and slept through class most days. I taught for 3 hours and then had the rest of the day to be with him- a dream come true!

Now, my first year is over and I feel like a total pro. I am really excited for next year's classes (which are already full, except two spots!). I feel so blessed to have found something that I truly LOVE doing and that provides an income for my family.

As a reward for myself, I am scheduling a massage on Monday- a real life, hour long massage! This will be a first for me! And I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

mandy said...

congrats on your new accomplishment this year!

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories
Seriously the BEST!

Click Here for Adorable Dresses and Accessories!

Dresses from Shabby Apple