1.25.2011

such is life!

It is still January and we are already enjoying so many changes around here!

My favorite- NEW KITCHEN PAINT! Yay!! We have lived in this house for almost TWO years and our kitchen has been the same yucky color as the rest of the house the whole time. We picked out this beautiful, subtle blue and Ty has been working his hiney off trying to get it all painted in his snatches of spare time. As of today, it is finally finished and I can start putting our stuff back on the walls. It's going to be lovely! I keep telling Ty that all I want for my birthday in March are new curtains, but I might start bugging him for Valentine's Day curtains instead... I just can't wait!! (and I can't wait to post pictures once the project is done!)

Ty started school!! In a last minute decision (literally. classes started the next day!), he registered for two classes. Unfortunately, one of them was cancelled...  but still! One step closer to graduation day!

Preschool! This time last year, the idea of a home preschool was hardly a blip on my horizon. This year, I am filling up both classes at a pretty rapid rate! I seriously can't believe how early these parents are looking for a preschool! I have been getting about one email every day for the last two weeks and have at least two parents coming by every week to check things out! When I started classes last August, it was SO HARD to get my enrollment up, and now I know why! The parents weren't looking anymore!

I honestly feel so blessed to be able to be home with my baby (who really won't be a baby for long!) and to support Ty while he goes to school. AND still be able to do home projects without being totally strapped for cash.


What was that? Oh, sure. I'd love to have that cake.... And I can eat it too??

Don't mind if I do!

4 comments:

ducklips said...

I love reading your blog. I can totally hear your voice in the way you write. Can't wait to see the finished project, and kiss that adorable little baby for me.

Jessie said...

hooray! i love your blog and new commitment to keeping it up! :) shanda, you look great, and your baby is SO handsome! i want to see pictures of the new paint color!

Unknown said...

bet you will LOVE the blue kitchen. we painted the laundry room blue a little while back, and, ironically it makes doing laundry just a little bit less blue.

Holly said...

I love that picture of you and Bennett! Good luck with finishing your projects-I know I am trying ride the wave of the new year's momentum as long as I can!

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories
Seriously the BEST!

Click Here for Adorable Dresses and Accessories!

Dresses from Shabby Apple