3.10.2011

Visitors!

In a few short hours we will be welcoming Grandpa Lance (my dad) and Grandma Laura (my stepmom) to stay with us for the WHOLE WEEKEND! =) Bennett could hardly go to sleep tonight because of the anticipation... Okay, that's a lie. That kid can always go to sleep at night. Love him.

Here are some pictures from Grandpa Lance's last trip down here at Thanksgiving...






They live in Cedar City and don't make it down here too often, so we are always looking for fun things to do when they come to visit. This time it was easy. My dad is obsessed (I mean it) with the Renaissance Festival (hey, I spelled that right the first time! Go Me!) We will be spending the whole day on Saturday avoiding breasty ladies, shopping, and eating turkey legs to our heart's content! I am also taking them out to Cibo, one of my favorite local eats. We always run out of time to eat at my favorite restaurants together!

My stepmom also arranged for a surprise photo session with a real photographer for my dad to get pictures taken with his grandbaby while they are here. So cute. I think my dad might cry.

My dad has always said that he avoids mirrors so he can still pretend he is 17. He is an "Uncle Rico" for those of you who understand the reference =) When I got pregnant, and even worse when I had Bennett, he said he was finally starting to feel his age. Bless his heart though, he still tries to keep an energy level of a 17 year old including Black Friday shopping and chatting until all hours of the night.

I am sure we will have a great time together and I'm glad Bennett gets to spend time with his Grandpa and Grandma!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So fun! Have a good time!

Unknown said...

What the what? My sis lives in Cedar City, we were just there last weekend!

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories
Seriously the BEST!

Click Here for Adorable Dresses and Accessories!

Dresses from Shabby Apple