6.24.2011

Sugar and Spice






Found out on Monday... It's a girl!!


The appointment itself was a little anti-climatic though. A month ago the Dr. told us "oh it's probably a girl, but don't go buying anything yet... we'll check again in a month."

Really? Why even say that if I can't go shopping??

Little baby had the cord tangled between its legs, so no money shot... So I decided to scope out Craigslist for independent ultrasound techs and see if I could get a second look before my appointment with the Dr. Sure enough, an ultrasound school in Phoenix had posted an ad asking for volunteers to come in and get scanned by the students for practice.

I made my appointment and Ty got the day off work. I told the instructor about my appointment with the Dr. and that I was really hoping he could tell us the big news. But guess what he said?? "My guess is a girl, but don't go shopping or anything yet... Wait for one more ultrasound."

WHATTTTT????

When my Dr. finally told us that it was for SURE a girl, I could have cried. Just because I have been wanting to know a DEFINITE answer for SO LONG! Thankfully Ty was able to make it to this appointment as well. I think his first words after the big announcement were "well, I guess we are going to be poor now!" (I think he has scoped my 'favorites' list on Etsy...)



We are honestly SOOO excited! Ty keeps saying he is nervous and that he has no idea what to do with a girl, but I think we felt that even more so with Bennett. We didn't know what to do with babies, period! Now that we have Bennett and we are completely in LOVE with him, I feel a lot more at ease about having more babies.

No belly shots yet, but not because I'm not growing! I've busted out the maternity clothes (although I can still wear button jeans most days) and I love feeling Baby Girl moving around like a miniature acrobat.


Baby Bennett is soon to be Boy Bennett since his birthday is NEXT WEEK. I don't know how I'm handling that... He still seems like this tiny little dude even though he is getting closer to walking and talking every day.

Everyone is invited to his birthday bash! July 2nd, 5:30pm at our place. Dinner and water play!



Oh, and free hugs from this handsome guy!

2 comments:

ducklips said...

I'm so excited for you to have a girl. I don't know how Bennett is going to feel about sharing you though. It's a good thing he loves his dad so much.

Jessie said...

hooray hooray! it's the year for girls!! :)

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories
Seriously the BEST!

Click Here for Adorable Dresses and Accessories!

Dresses from Shabby Apple