4.09.2011

BIG News!

We received some big news and it has to do with these three things:

chocolate chip cookies from Safeway (and ONLY Safeway!!)

Apple Jacks cereal

And God's gift to me, tangelos!!! Oh how I love thee!!


Didn't guess my clues??

I'M PREGNANT! (and already eating my body weight in tangelos WEEKLY!)

When I got pregnant with Bennett I was expecting some weird cravings like pickles and ice cream, but did not expect to NEED the random items that ended up in my grocery cart (see Apple Jacks, above). Ty's favorite pregnancy story to tell is the night I was laying on the couch (probably trying not to throw up) and I yelled to him in the kitchen "TYYYYY, I NEEEEEED SOME COOKIES!!!! FROM SAFEWAYYYYY!!!!" His response? "We don't have any right now, but I'll put it on the list for you."

Unacceptable.

Five minutes and some tears later, we were in the car speeding to Safeway where I proceeded to open the package and start eating cookies before we had even finished the self-check out.


Tangelos became a staple the second I tasted one for the first time. I was very sick in my first trimester (a feeling I am remembering quite well these days) and only wanted to eat citrus. Weird. I am not a native Arizonian so I had not yet tried every variety of citrus available and Ty was really surprised that I hadn't ever tasted the juicy and sunshiney goodness that IS a tangelo. And once I did there was NO going back!

It got to the point that I told him we would have to name our first born T. Angelo. (Thank your lucky stars for a level headed father, Bennett!!)

Anyway- pregnancy number two is playing out quite the same as number one, and I hope it has a similar outcome- one healthy and amazingly adorable baby!


(and if we are getting specific here, I think I do want another boy!)

7 comments:

Renae said...

Well, you two do make adorable babies. I am really looking forward to meeting thing 2! Although I know your creation will be much more cute that Dr. Suess's. :) Congrats!!!

Mama Megs said...

CONGRATS!! So exciting! And I want you to have a boy to so I can make a boy quilt for you-not many boys being born around these parts ;)

BreAnn said...

I have been craving pickles and sour candy! I am not prego tho (at least its too early to tell).

At least, Tangelos are a good thing to crave!

Jessie said...

Ohhh.. Awesome!! Congrats!!

mandy said...

i've got another good story... when you were pregnant with bennett i remember you suggesting an assortment of cold cereals as a rs activity snack! i didn't know you well enough to confront your pregnancy cravings but instead ensured that the idea was forgotten. so now that we're on closer friendship terms... will we be having applejacks at rs this week?

Jessie said...

hooray! now the details please... when are you due? how far along are you? how are you feeling? does ty or bennett want a boy like you, or a girl? so many questions! congrats again, we are so excited for you! :)

Alyssa and Nate said...

citrus is an interesting craving while nauseated! i stocked up on my coveted cinnamon bears (which is a very hard thing to find here) while we were in Oregon last week! funny that we're pregnant together again!

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories
Seriously the BEST!

Click Here for Adorable Dresses and Accessories!

Dresses from Shabby Apple