7.22.2011

Happy Birthday Bennett!!

I have put this off on purpose because I still can't believe it's true- Bennett turned ONE!! It really seems like its only been a few months since I was feeling that kid doing acrobatics in my tummy whenever loud music turned on... Now I get to see his angry eyebrows when he thinks something is too loud =) cute kid!

We decided to go all out and throw him a birthday bash complete with grilled burgers and an inflatable water slide for all his pals! More than 50 people came! Whoa! It was so much fun!!




I put my craftiness to the test prepping for this party. It took a long time, but I think the decorations turned out SO cute!! The picture above shows the "Bennett's Favorite Things" wall- puppets, mac n cheese, playing ball with Dandy, fingerpainting, going to the zoo, reading with mom, watching sports with dad, and avocados. I also put together a year in pictures from each month during the last year (although he hasn't really changed much since about month 5...). Party favors were these adorable M&M tubes with a little coordinating tag at the top (wish I'd taken a picture!). There was also a cute little activity to do (see Papa Dave, above) where guests could illustrate a picture of Bennett on a paper that only had his head printed. We got some GREAT ones! I'll see if I can scan some on here...


And then there was cake... My friend Kathrin volunteered (or was guilted... I don't remember now) to make Bennett's cake! It was incredible! I can't believe we forgot to take pictures of the cakes before they all got cut! She had multiple sizes that were all frosted in white with a different texture on the outside. She made little flags for the top that coordinated with the decorations. And the inside... Oh, the inside... 


Bennett got his own little cupcake, but had no idea what to do with it! Especially since he doesn't like having dirty hands...





MOM! I need a bath!!

Then Grammy stepped in with all of her Grammy wisdom and cut the cake for him so he could see the inside... Brilliant woman.

omg dad- this is CAKE!

no going back



proof that he will use anything as a phone! haha- just calling his girlfriend on his cake phone
Once he had finished his cupcake, Bennett went for a dip outside.






And finally, PRESENTS! This kid is set for life! (assuming all he wants or needs for the rest of his life consists of plastic toys and board books...)








giant bowtie and fake dog poop from uncle Chris... what kid doesn't need that combination at age one?

Bennett got hyped up on sugar and ended up staying up wayyyy late (10:30 I think!) and was just playing and smiling the whole time. What a happy kid!

I still can't believe a whole year has gone by and that he is leaving the 'baby' stage already! He has definitely brought more joy and smiles to our home than I could have expected. Baby Number Two has a lot to live up to =)

Love you, BMan!

No comments:

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories

Gold Canyon Candles and Home Accessories
Seriously the BEST!

Click Here for Adorable Dresses and Accessories!

Dresses from Shabby Apple